Social & Community Studies
Our Access to Higher Education Diploma (Social and Community studies) is aimed at people who want to start a career or go to university to study a social science related degree. It is designed for those who are interested in the study of society and how human behaviour influences our world.
There are no formal entry requirements for this Access to HE Diploma (Social Work and Community Studies), however, most universities will require a GCSE qualification in English and Maths or Functional skills to study further education. If you do not have these already, you can study them with us.
This course covers a range of topics including social work theory and practice, psychology, sociology as well as research and study skills. It equips you with knowledge, academic skills and give you confidence to study higher education.
- Sociology (18 credits)
- Health Units (12 credits)
- Psychology (12 credits)
- Independent Academic Study (6 credits)
- Application of Number (6 credits)
- Communication (6 credits)
- Course length: 1 year
- Registration: £375 followed by £150 monthly Installments paid on/before the 1st of every month
- Total Course fee: £1975
- Credits: 60
- Level attained:Level 3
- Assessment: Reports, Exams, Class assessments
- Social work
- Cultural studies