Our Access to Higher Education Diploma (Science) is aimed at people who are planning to further their education and start a science related career. It is suited for those who have an interest in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Psychology and would like to enter employment in various fields such as hospitals, laboratories, cosmetics, food science, forensics and research industries.
There are no formal entry requirements for this Access to HE Diploma (Science), however, most universities will require a GCSE qualification in English and Maths or Functional skills to study further education. If you do not have these already, you can study them with us.
This course equips you with knowledge in scientific theories and practices and gives you the opportunity to gain study and research skills. It also prepares you for university by giving you organisational confidence to progress to higher education.
- Chemistry (12 credits)
- Physics (9 credits)
- Biology (18 credits)
- GCSE Mathematics OR Application of Number (6 credits)
- GCSE English OR Communication (6 Credits)
- Extended Independent Academic Study (9 credits)
- Course length: 1 year
- Total Credits: 60
- Level attained:Level 3
- Assesments: Reports, Exams, Coursework
- Registration: £375 followed by £150 monthly installments paid on/before the 1st of every month
- Total Course fee: £2275